Saturday, April 7, 2012
The Vigil continues...Awaiting the New Light...
On Holy Saturday we, the Church, wait at the Lord's tomb, meditating on his suffering and death. The altar is left bare, and the sacrifice of the Mass is not celebrated. Only after the solemn vigil during the night, held in anticipation of the resurrection, does the Easter celebration begin, with a spirit of JOY and thanksgiving - that overflows into the following period of fifty days.
Posted by Maria
- ► 2015 (14)
- ► 2014 (16)
- ► 2013 (75)
- Celebrating a birthday...
- Forgive and Forget
- Test of Fire...Are you ready?
- Novena Prayer to Saint Gianna
- Life before birth - you are a miracle
- Abandon Yourself to Him
- Are you a "lukewarm" soul...?
- Take courage...do not be afraid!
- We are truly blessed...
- The Hour of Great Mercy...
- a powerful prayer...
- Stay Calm...
- I feel alive and free...
- He is risen! ¡Resucitó!
- The Vigil continues...Awaiting the New Light...
- As the Holy Triduum begins...
- Am I ready to bear patiently...?
- Hosanna! the King has come!!!
- ▼ April (18)
- ► 2010 (56)
- ► 2009 (29)