Tuesday, August 31, 2010

How often must I forgive?

(A reflection on the Gospel of Mt 18:21)
This is the question of persons who do not yet know or possess Christ. This is why there is so much suffering in the world.

Those who want to have Christ as their model for living this life must be compassionate and forgive without limit. For God’s forgiveness is also limitless. Our Lord’s mercy and forgiving heart is at the center of our finding peace within us and in the world. But first, we must remember to pray, pray, pray…asking God to fill us with His boundless love. He will then help us to forgive seventy times seven.

Prayer: My Lord and my God, how guilty I am of my selfishness and worldly feelings. Grant that in Your compassionate love I may be found worthy of Your mercy in the future judgment…Give me Your heart that I may forgive others through You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Your Marriage - Por Tu Matrimonio

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Powered By Blogger